Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time to clean house........

Lately the kids and I have been watching a lot of sitcoms from the 50's. You know, I Love Lucy, Donna Reed, Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver. I love that on most of these shows the siblings get along, the children on the sitcoms learn that listening and obeying parents usually has better results than disobeying.

But, you know the one thing I love the most.... The oh so clean and simple homes. I love the life portrayed of the 50's housewife. The house is always clean, kids are always happy, meals always on the table when the husband is ready to eat, and family time is the rule not the exception.

Now. I know this is not reality, even in the 50's but the thought makes me smile.

So today my daughters and I started out with cleaning house. We rearranged rooms, cleaned out closets, dusted, vaccumed, and organized all the kids rooms as well as the living room. We started around 8:30 this morning and finished around 3:30.

It started out as just cleaning the house. As I went through the day I realized that I was happy. Getting rid of so much junk. My daughters got along and worked together and have truly been closer today than they have in a long time.

I found myself thanking God so much today. As we loaded bags and boxes of stuff to go to Goodwill we all realized how lucky we are. We have so much more than some and we too often take that for granted.

I pray God will continue to clean me on the inside like we did the house. Getting rid of all the unwanted junk and cluttered shelves of my heart.

Today was a wonderful day to clean the house.

1 comment:

  1. i just did that tuesday, I planned to change one drawer and instead i cleaned out the dressers and closet in one bedroom. I love throwing away and the more I get out the more accomplished I feel

    ReplyDelete