Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Sister's Love Part 3






 For the past 20 months we have shared our adoption through our eyes. This is part 3 of the adoption through our daughter's eyes.




"I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast give me; for they are thine."~John 17:9

                          If this adoption has taught me one thing, it is to pray without ceasing, constantly. And not just for you or the things you want, but for everyone and everything in the world. From the man richer than Bill Gates to each individual blade of grass.

                          But we shouldn't only pray for forgiveness, even though that is extremely important. We should pray for thanks, for love, for guidance, and for peace. Many people believe that prayer should only be used to apologize to God for our sins. I know, because that was me.

                         I used to think that if I apologized and asked for forgiveness from God, I could do the same thing over again, and it would count as my "daily prayer" for that day. But I quickly realized this wasn't enough. The Bible says that God should be closer than a brother, closer than your very best friend. But how is He supposed to be that close if we never let Him in? We are suppose to talk to Him as if He is our best friend. We should share our hopes and fears with him. If we don't then how can we get upset at Him when things don't go our way or how we think it should go?

                        I never understood this before the adoption. I still don't think I will ever be able to fully grasp how important prayer is. It's one of those things that no matter how much I try, it will never be enough. No matter how many times a day I pray, it will never even begin to give God the glory He truly deserves.

*More to come*

No comments:

Post a Comment